Skip Navigation
This Feed is unreachable... please contact the webmaster.
The Honorable Heather Hawthorne
County Clerk

Mailing Address:
Chambers County Clerk
PO Box 728
Anahuac, Texas  77514

Physical Address:
Chambers County Clerk
404 Washington Avenue
Anahuac, Texas  77514

Phone Number:
(409) 267-2418
Fax:  (409) 267-8405

COVID-19 Altered Schedule:

County Clerk
Marriage licenses not restricted to residents
Phone:  281-576-6982

West Annex Physical Address:
Chambers County Clerk 
10616 Eagle Drive
Mont Belvieu, Texas 77523

West Annex Phone Number:
(281) 576-6982

Fax:  (281) 385-0832

Office Hours (Both Locations):
Monday - Friday
8AM - 12PM & 1PM - 5PM


Application for Employment

Marks and Brands

All marks and brands must be registered every ten years at the County Clerk’s Office per county. 

The cost to register the brand is $26.00 per brand per location.

Brand registration is for 10 years – August 31, 2021 to August 31, 2031.

Mark and Brand Application

Misdemeanors Forms

Application for Subpoena
Application for Subpoena Duces Tecum


Assumed Names (DBA) are valid for a period not to exceed 10 years and are normally registered within the same county in which your business is located. However, you can register your business in as many counties as you would like.

The County Clerk's Office has no requirement on the number of signatures on the certificate. But recommends that you ask your bank and/or CPA to determine how to file your assumed name. 

A State Tax ID Number is obtained thru the State Comptroller’s Office. Phone: 800-252-5555

Abandonment of Assumed Name requires any signatures from the original Assumed Name.  

The County Clerk's Office will not research the availability of a business name and does not verify that a duplicate filing has occurred. Computers are available in our office to search our Assumed Name records.

If a corporation and an unincorporated company have very similar names and there is a problem, neither automatically has the right to the name. If both parties have properly filed the Assumed Name Certificate the courts will most likely have to decide this matter. Therefore, it is important to do a thorough search when considering a business name.

If you have further questions please contact our office at 409-­267-2418.


Civil Case Information 
Certified Payments
Misdemeanor Payments and Searches

Record Searches: This search is not offered by employees of the County Clerk's Office. The clerks of this office are recorders and keepers of the Records, not qualified examiners of Official Public Records (Texas Government Code §81.101 & 81.102)

You may use the Misdemeanor Payments and Searches above or come into our main office located at 404 Washington Avenue, Anahuac, Texas 77514 or the sub-office at 10616 Eagle Drive, Mont Belview, Texas to use public computers provided for your convenience. 

*For Deed Records - See the Deed Room Tab

Probate Postings: Hearings for attached docket August 17, 2021, at 10:00 AM via YouTube

 Date Probate Cause Number    Name                                                                 
November 2021 21CPR0156 Linda Ferell Morgan
November 2021 21CPR0155 James Earl Morgan, Sr
November 2021 21CPR0154 Denise Marie Lawrence
November 2021 21CPR0152 Frank Ripley Clanton
November 2021 21CPR0151 Jerry D. Black
November 2021 21CPR0150 Sadie R. Black
November 2021 21CPR0127 Mark Donice Varnado
November 2021 21CPR0149 Sherry Harmsen
October 2021 21CPR0147 Thomas James Davis
October 2021 21CPR0146 James Ray Barrett
October 2021 21CPR0142 Stephen Scott O'Sullivan
October 2021 21CPR0137 Anthony Joseph Trecannelli
October 2021 21CPR0135 Jesse Lynn Lankford
September 2021 21CPR0128 Jaime Lopez
September 2021 21CPR0127 Mark Donice Varnado
September 2021 21CPR0115 Daniel Joseph  Kalabay
September 2021 21CPR0110 Brandon Keith Haguewood
August 2021 21CPR0106 Lisa Leigh Marie Rebstock Meunier
May 2021 21CPR0063 John Wesley King 
April 2021 21CPR0050 Williams Elver Stults 
April 2021 21CPR0047 Yale Devillier
December 2020 20CPR0142 Scott Cote
November 2020 20CPR0128 Julie P. Tomac
November 2020 20CPR0126 Vivonny Aliza Gonzalez
October 2020 20CPR0108 Janyce Ann Gunn
September 2020 20CPR0082 Jacqueline Ann Garner Icet
December 2019 19CPR0104 James Douglas Culps
February 2019
19CPR0010 Margrett Brooks
December 2018
17CPR00062 Jasmine Tyonna Devore
August 2018 18CPR0069 William Purser 
April 2018 18CPR0034
Ruth Hisler
October 2017 17CPR00056
Scherry Lynn Coffman
October 2016 G00115
Donald Renard Spencer
March 2016 P04109
Jewel Caroline Fitzgerald

Deed Room Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 12pm & 1pm - 4:30pm

The County Clerk's Deed Room located at the Courthouse will close at 12:00 p.m. March 3, 2020.



Property Records: This search is not offered by employees of the County Clerk's Office. 

The clerks of this office are recorders and keepers of the Records, not qualified examiners of Official Public Records (Texas Government Code §81.101 & 81.102)

You may use the Deed Room Search above or come into our main office located at 404 Washington Avenue, Anahuac, Texas 77514 or the sub-office at 10616 Eagle Drive, Mont Belvieu, Texas to use public computers provided for your convenience. 

*For Criminal, Civil, Probate and Hospital Lien Record searches please see the Payments and Searches Tab.

Per Senate Bill 1139, Passed by the 84th Legislative Session: E-File Mandate effective January 1, 2016 for Chambers County Per the Texas Supreme Court mandate miscellaneous order MD 12-9208, all documents that are part of civil matters must be e-filed.

Mailed documents will only be accepted by Pro-Se fillers as they do not fall under the Mandate issued by the Supreme Court. Documents mailed from an attorney will be returned unfiled so that you may e-file them accordingly.

Paper documents brought into the County Clerk’s Office will only be accepted by Pro-se filers, Original Orders from the Judge or paper documents that were accepted as Bench Filings with the proper date/time stamp by the Judge as per statute. NO FAX filings will be accepted by this office. No paper documents from attorneys will be accepted over the counter for filing in the County Clerk’s Office, unless they fall under the exceptions listed below.

This mandate does not apply to individuals who are not represented by attorneys.

Exceptions to e-filing:
Wills are not required to be filed electronically. If a will is filed electronically, the original must be presented to the Clerk’s Office within 3 business days after the application is filed.

The following documents must not be filed electronically:
Documents filed under seal or presented to the court in camera.
Documents to which access is otherwise restricted by law or court order.

Please visit for registration information and for additional information to assist with electronic filing.

How do I transfer property from one owner to another?
Answer: Generally, you should contact an attorney or a title company to prepare the type of document needed. Some forms are available in form books at the library or at an office supply store. After the document is prepared, if it is a recordable document (which means it meets the recording standards and is properly signed and notarized) you may bring or mail the document to the County Clerk’s Office to be recorded in Official Public Records. There is a fee to record your document. See “Fees.”

I can’t get my family member to sign a deed over to me, what do I do?
Answer: Contact an attorney for legal advice.

My mortgage company sent me this document to record, but I don’t know what it means. Could you explain what this document does?
Answer: The County Clerk’s Office cannot explain what a document does from a legal standpoint. Our office only handles the recording of documents in Official Public Records. We cannot provide legal advice. You may wish to contact your mortgage company (the office that sent you the document) or contact your attorney.

How do I find out who owns the property across the street from me?
Contact the Chambers County Tax Office at (409)267-2763 or the Chambers County Appraisal District at (409)267-3795.

I have lost my original deed. Where can I obtain another one?

Answer: If your deed has been recorded in the Office of the County Clerk, you may obtain a certified copy of your deed, which will stand as the original. Otherwise, you may wish to contact an attorney for legal advice.

Where can I obtain divorce records?
Divorce is handled through the District Clerk’s Office. The number to that office is (409)267-2432.

Where can I inquire about child support issues?
Answer: Child Support is handled through the District Clerk’s Office. The number to that office is (409) 267-2432.

This page contains general public notices filed in the County Clerk's office, with the exception of Chambers County public notices, which can be found on the Public Notices page.

Notice of District Petition

Notice of Intent to Enter Fields


Tue, 30 Nov 2021
November 29, 2021- Chambers County Child Welfare Board Meeting
Tue, 07 Dec 2021
Notice of Special Meeting - Bayside Community Hospital Wellness Center Agenda -Chambers County Publi...Read more...

Birth and Death Certificates

Only a qualified applicant may obtain a copy of a birth certificate.

Our office only has death certificates for deaths that occurred in Chambers County.

Qualified Applicant:
• The parent, child, brother, sister, spouse, grandparent, step-parent, step-sibling, legal guardian,
or managing conservator.
• Must provide the following information and show proper identification. (a copy of the applicant's
valid driver's license or other valid picture identification)

Any Texas birth certificate may be immediately purchased in Chambers County. This office
uses a remote access system to the state's records dating, at this time, from 1926 to the present.

 Birth Certificate  Death Certificate
Full Name on Birth Record Full Name on Death Record
Date and Place of Birth Date and Place of Death 
Father's Full Name Father's Full Name
Mother's Full Name Mother's Full Name 
Name, Address and Phone Number of Requestor Name, Address and Phone Number of Requestor 
 Relationship to Person on Birth Record Relationship to Person on Death Record 
 $23.00 per Certified Copy  $21.00 for First Copy, $4.00 Additional

Certificate By Mail:
To obtain a birth or death certificate by mail, complete the application or send a letter including all the listed information and a copy of the applicant's valid driver's license or other valid picture identification along with a cashier’s check or money order payable to CHAMBERS COUNTY CLERK. Please provide a legible return
address and day telephone number (if available).

Mailing Address:
County Clerk's Office
PO Box 728
Anahuac, TX 77514
Overnight Mail Address:
County Clerk’s Office
404 Washington.
Anahuac, Texas 77514


Premarital Education Course: 
Twogether In Texas

A couple that intends to be married in Texas MUST apply in person for a marriage license at a Texas County Clerk’s Office. Both the bride and the groom in the presence of the County Clerk must sign the application for a license. There are a few exceptions as noted in the Texas Statutes.

Texas now encourages free marriage education classes around the state for premarital couples. The classes are at least 8 hours long and after completing the class, you will get a certificate that you can take to your County Clerk when applying for your marriage license. To find a class log onto

There is a $22.00 fee if a marriage education certificate is presented otherwise there is an $82.00 fee without the certificate that is payable only in CASH or CREDIT CARD.

There must be at least 72 hours between the time of issuance of a license and the time the ceremony occurs unless one applicant is on active duty in the armed forced; or completion of a marriage education class; or a waiver is granted. A waiver may only be waived by a County or District Judge.

A marriage license is valid for 90 days, so with the 72 hour waiting period, there is an 87 day period in which the marriage ceremony can take place. The license is valid in any county in Texas.

Requirements to Obtain a License:

• Proof of identity and age (Drivers’ License, State Identification card, or other document issued by this state or       another state, United States or a foreign country, or certified copy of applicants birth certificate.)

• If required, the documents establishing parental consent, should the applicant be under the age of 18.

• The information to complete the license application.

• A divorce by either party must be final 30 days prior to the marriage license application.

• Verbalize the oath printed on the application and sign the application before the County Clerk.

• There is no law requiring a blood test.

After the Wedding: 
The license will need to be mailed or brought back to the County Clerk’s office. The license will be recorded into public records and will be returned to you in 10-12 days.

For additional information please call 409-267-2418


The military services encourage military personnel to file their discharge papers (DD 214) with the County Clerk in the county of residence. This includes members of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Armed Forces Reserve, or an Armed Forces Auxiliary.

Texas Local Government Code, Section 192.002 authorizes the County Clerk to file the military discharge at no charge.

By filing the military discharge form in the public records, a permanent record is maintained for future proof of service for veteran’s benefits. The original will be returned to the owner after recording. Military Discharge records are considered confidential.


Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM