Applications for Ballot by Mail:
Heather H. Hawthorne
Early Voting Clerk
PO Box 728
Anahuac, TX 77514
Fax: (409) 267-8405
Office: (409) 267-2420
Who qualifies for an application and ballot by mail?
A qualified voter may vote by mail if the voter:
– Will be 65 or older on Election Day (Annual or Regular ABBM)
– Has a Disability (Annual or Regular ABBM)
– Is Expecting to Give Birth Within Three Weeks Before or After Election Day (Regular ABBM) (New Law)
– Is Civilly Committed Under Chapter 841, Health and Safety Code (Regular ABBM) (New Law)
– Expects to be Absent from County during Early Voting and on Election Day (Regular ABBM)
– Is Confined in Jail (Regular ABBM)
– Is in the Attorney General Address Confidentiality Program (Regular ABBM)
– Is Military or Dependent of Military & Outside of Home Texas County (FPCA)
– Is Temporarily Living Outside the United States (FPCA)
– Is Living Outside the United States and the Voter has Indicated their Intent to Return is Uncertain (FPCA)
– Is a member of the National Guard or Dependent (FPCA) (New Law)
Chapters 82 and 101, Texas Election Code
Application for Ballot by Mail
English | Spanish
2022 Ballot by Mail Guide
2022 Guia de Boleta por Correo
Instructions for submitting an Application for Ballot by Mail (“ABBM”):
1. Print the ABBM form OR submit an email to me and an ABBM will be mailed to you.
2. Complete Sections 1 through 8.
3. Sign and Date Section 9.
4. If you were unable to sign the application and someone witnessed your signature, that person must complete Section 11.
5. If someone helped you complete the application or mailed the application for you, that person must complete Section 11.
6. Affix postage.
a. If you printed the application you must place it in your own envelope and add postage.
b. If you ordered the application online and it was mailed to you - fold the application in half, moisten top tab, seal and add postage.
7. Address and mail the completed ABBM to the Early Voting Clerk, Heather H. Hawthorne PO Box 728 Anahuac, TX 77514. You may also fax the application to: (409) 267-8405. You also have the option of submitting a scanned copy of the completed and signed application to the Early Voting Clerk via email to: email@example.com
8. Application for Ballot by Mail? Track my Ballot by Mail