Skip Navigation
Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse in Chambers County
The Chambers County Auditor maintains a hotline to facilitate the reporting of information concerning fraud, waste or abuse in Chambers County programs or operations . 
To Report By Mail:
P.O. Box 910
Anahuac, Texas 77514
Who can report fraud? 
Chambers County employees, contractors and the general public may report fraud. You must have facts, not suspicions or rumors that point to fraud. You do not have to establish probable cause but you need to have reasonable suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify the report. 
Do I have to provide my name and contact information to submit a Fraud Report? 
No, you do not have to provide your name or contact information. You may remain anonymous, however please provide as much detail as possible so that the appropriate course of action can be taken without the need of further information. 

If you do provide contact information, a member of the Auditor's Office may contact you to discuss the complaint or to request additional information. 
What information should I include in my complaint?
Please include the following information if available:
  • Complainant contact information (if desired):
    • Home phone and/or cell phone
    • Physical address and/or email address
  • Date the incident occurred
  • Date the incident was discovered
  • The estimated loss
  • Information concerning the person or persons involved in the incident
    • Name(s) and Job Titles (if known)
  • A detailed description of the incident 
How are Fraud Reports handled?
A member of the Auditor's Office will review your complaint and in some cases may refer it to another agency for assessment and possible action. In some cases if your contact information has been provided the Auditor's Office may contact you for additional information. 
What are some examples of incidents that should be reported to the Fraud Hotline? 
  • Abuse of official capacity
  • Breach of computer security
  • Bribery
  • Conversion of funds
  • Forgery
  • Gifts to a public servant by a person subject to his or her jurisdiction
  • Misapplication of fiduciary property
  • Money laundering
  • Organized Crime
  • Tampering with a governmental record
  • Theft
May I request the status of a report?
Yes, If you have provided your contact information a representative for the Auditor's Office may contact you. 

Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM