Skip Navigation


Chambers County requires permitting for any commercial or residential development, including additions or remodeling.  Permits must be reviewed to ensure compliance with county regulations, including but not limited to Subdivision Regulations, Drainage Criteria, Fire Code, and Environmental Health.

Residential Permitting Steps


1. Submit application via the online portal at Upload proof of property ownership (property deed, appraisal district information, or tax records) along with a design or floor plan of the residential structure (Examples: homes, shops, carports, swimming pools, etc.) For projects located in a flood zone, an elevation certificate may be required for review.

2.   Once approvals are complete, and appropriate fees have been paid, the permit will be issued by email and also downloaded via the permitting portal.  Fees may be paid online with a credit card, mailed to P.O. Box 1180, Anahuac, TX 77514, or in-person at the Permit Office located at 201-A Airport Road, Anahuac, TX.

Please contact the permitting office at 409-267-2700 for any questions concerning commercial or residential permitting.


Commercial Permitting Steps


1.  Schedule a Development Review Committee (DRC) meeting.  This will allow you to discuss and ask questions about your project from all county approval authorities upfront.  We encourage all applicants to research regulations and ask questions early in the process.  Call 409-267-2708 or email to schedule a Development Review Meeting.

2.  Submit civil and drainage review plans and building construction applications and plans via the online portal at   Upload your construction plans to the portal, including adequate details and information, so that your project may be reviewed.

3.  Your project must be reviewed for Health/Environmental, Drainage, and Fire Code;

4.  Once approvals are complete, and appropriate fees have been paid, the permit will be issued by email and also downloaded via the permitting portal.  Fees may be paid online with a credit card or in-person at the Permit Office located at 201-A Airport Road, Anahuac, TX.

5.  Commercial building projects must be inspected by the Fire Marshal and issued a Certificate of Compliance upon completion, BEFORE the building is occupied.

*See Flow Charts Below for Commercial Plan Review and Permit Processes


*County Criteria And Regulations


Fee schedule for all departments





Environmental Health
PO Box 1180
201A Airport Road
Anahuac, Texas 77514
(409) 267-2700

For Residential and Commercial Development Permits, Food Service, Utility, and Electrical Applications:

See Environmental Health & Permitting Webpage

County Engineer's Office - Road and Bridge
201 Airport Road
Anahuac, Texas 77514
(409) 267-2708

For Subdivision Regulations, Drainage Regulations, Infrastructure Regulations, Driveway permits, and ROW Permits see: Road and Bridge Webpage



Fire Marshal's Office
102 Airport Road
PO Box 957
Anahuac, Texas 77514
(409) 267-2445

For Fire Code, Fire Alarms, Fire Protection Systems, and Fire Inspections:

See Fire Marshal Webpage

Heavy Haul Permitting
Chambers County Precinct 4 Commissioner's Office
7711 SH-146
Baytown, Texas 77523
(281) 383-2011

For information on Heavy Haul permitting, visit the Heavy Haul Permitting tab on the Chambers County Commissioner Precinct 4 page.


Resident and Contractor Permit Applications

Residents and contractors have the ability to use the county's online permitting portal. The online portal enhances the permit application submittal and payment process for residents and contractors by allowing them to: 

  • Apply Online for Permits and Planning Projects
  • Pay Fees Online
  • Submit Plans “Paperless” in PDF Format
  • Track Application Progress up to Permit Issuance
  • Print Copies of Your Permit(s) Any Time
  • Print Reviewed Building Plans
  • View and Print Completed Inspection Reports
  • Receive Real-Time E-mail Notifications When an Inspection is Completed

You may create your free customer portal account as soon as you are ready to start the process if you don't already have one. Please take the time to download a copy of the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal instruction document; This will help you as you navigate the site and apply online.  

Once you start working with MyGovernmentOnline, you'll see how easy and time saving this is. No traveling to county offices or waiting in line required. You just upload PDFs of the required documents, fill out the online forms, and you are on your way!

Technical Support
If you need any assistance with using the MyGovernmentOnline portal, please call the technical support line at (866) 957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The agents can assist with any software related questions. 

Mass Gathering and Outdoor Music Festival Permits

Per Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 751, certain events require a Mass Gathering Permit, the application for which must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the event.

If your event meets one criteria from each section below, it requires a Mass Gathering Permit.

  • Event attracts more than 2,500 persons; OR
  • More than 500 persons, if 51 percent or more of those persons may reasonably be expected to be younger than 21 years of age and it is planned or may reasonably be expected that alcoholic beverages will be sold, served, or consumed at or around the gathering;


  • Event lasts for more than five continuous hours; ORfor any amount of time during the period beginning at 10 p.m. and ending at 4 a.m.

Per Texas Occupations Code Chapter 2104, certain events require Promoter Registration and a Outdoor Music Festival Permit, the application(s) for which must be submitted to the  County Clerk's Office at least 60 days prior to the event.

If your event meets the below criteria, it requires an Outdoor Music Festival Permit.

Any form of musical entertainment provided by live performances (including pre-recorded music or "DJ" events), that occur on two or more consecutive days or any two days during a three-day period AND:

  • more than 5,000 persons attend any performance;
  • any performer or audience member is not within a permanent structure; and
  • the performance occurs outside the boundaries of a municipality.


How to Apply

Step 1:  Download "Request for Initial Determination or Exemption" form and submit to

Step 2:  We will contact you with a determination on which permit(s) are needed, if any.

Step 3:  Fill out the appropriate application(s) and submit according to the instructions found in the "Rules & Regulations" and on the application forms.

Mass Gathering Permit Application

Outdoor Music Festival Promoter Registration

Outdoor Music Festival Permit Application

Mass Gatherings & Outdoor Music Festivals Rules & Regulations (contains ALL documents)

Press ENTER key to focus on the active panel

Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM